Sunday, May 31, 2009

Camping and Canoeing in Escalante Canyon...






































So, you asked... How did I survive the camping trip experience???
OK!!!! Big hat and lots and lots of wet wipes!!!
Canoeing was a blast after we got the hang of it on a very fast river last week. I ended up at the stern position and kept us pretty much in the middle of the river. We stayed in the canoe, which was a real win!! No spills into the cold river!!
Our campsite was beautiful. Nestled in the cottonwood trees in a awesome red rock canyon.
It rained on my little blue tent the first night... and while I didn't sleep too much, I sure enjoyed the experience!
We hiked into the canyon and saw lots of wildflowers and petroglyphs on the rock faces.
Great company, good food, lots of fun!
Will I do it again... if someone asks, for sure!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad you had fun! See you in a few days birthday girl!

Picture of the Day

Picture of the Day
Alex on his last trip to Colorado... about 4 years ago