Monday, August 4, 2008

BELLA BELLA BELLA!!!


What do ya know??? Just when I had given up on those Italians... they came through.
I got home from Vegas to find my front door papered with UPS delivery slips... it looked like my Italian Vase had finally made its way across the big pond... I heard the UPS truck today and ran out to the curb. He was making a delivery to the neighbors and didn't have my vase.... where was it?? Called to track... they had made their final attempt last week, so now the package was in UPS purgatory in Commerce City. I jumped in the car and found the huge warehouse in the meanest industrial part of Denver. Not to worry... they called to arrange for the package to be brought up front... "Mame, the package is huge!" I uncartoned it right in the office just to make sure it was OK. This time it was packaged right... bubble wrapped and wedged into a box FULL of styrofoam chunks!!! Brought it home and sat in on the mantle just where I was thinking it should go... now if the cat's don't break it, we'll be OK!

2 comments:

Angie said...

It's gorgeous! Just as I remembered! So glad this ordeal is finally over :)

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you finally got it!! Maybe VISA stepped in and helped when you disputed the charge! It is beautiful, and so you!! Hum, I sure hope the cats don't knock it over...That would surely make me cry!

Picture of the Day

Picture of the Day
Alex on his last trip to Colorado... about 4 years ago