Sunday, August 3, 2008

I'll have my puppy this time next week!!!


This is Annie's latest pic!! Isn't she a cutie?
I talk to everyone who has a dog... those who own male dogs say they're the very best... and those who own female dogs, insist that girls make the best pets... well... I'm torn between Annie and her brother... I'll make the final decision on Friday when I arrive in South Dakota to adopt my puppy. This is the latest pic of Miss Annie and she's just a doll... I'm pretty sure she'll come home with me... The breeder e-mailed a 5 page "puppy care" document and a list of "puppy essentials". Now I just have to make my final shopping run and "puppy proof" the kitchen and I'll be all ready to bring my little girl home!! It's going to take some real adjusting... but I think we'll be best buddies and traveling partners in two shakes of that cute white tail! She's got a step-sister just down the block and two other Bichons in the hood... so she'll have playmates galore... and I'll finally get out and meet some more of my neighbors... The Boulder Humane Society hosts Puppy Happy Hour on Friday evenings and Puppy Recess on Wednesdays... We'll have a full social calendar, I'm sure!

I got home from Vegas on Friday evening about 7:30pm. I was beat, as usual... so I've slept in the past two mornings knowing that this is my final weekend of freedom! I hiked for about two hours at Chautauqua today... again... the last long jaunt I'll have away for a while... my time away will be limited to 2 hour intervals for the next month... Angie says you can leave them 1 hour for each month in age they are... Life as I know it is just about to change for good!
Don't know how the kitties are going to react... Will keep you posted! In the mean time, I've got tons to do to follow up from a pretty fair market...

No comments:

Picture of the Day

Picture of the Day
Alex on his last trip to Colorado... about 4 years ago